December 13, 2023
People who smile more are generally seen as friendly, confident, and approachable by the people around them. This makes your smile an important asset in both the social and professional worlds. While many people are too shy to show their smiles because of flaws, stains, or damage in their teeth, cosmetic dentistry has allowed millions to transform their smiles into more ideal states. Here are a few questions to ask and a few things to pay attention to when you have your consultation with your cosmetic dentist.
What Questions Should I Ask My Cosmetic Dentist?
Your consultation is your opportunity to learn about the dentist to determine if they are a good fit for you. A few excellent questions to ask include:
- What kind of cosmetic dental training do you have? Do you hold any board certifications?
- How many times have you performed the procedures I am enquiring about?
- Are the procedures I’m interested in actually right for me? If not, are there any steps I can take to become a better candidate?
- Are there any risks that come with these procedures?
- Do these procedures require any forms of sedation or anesthesia?
- Have these procedures been successful for your previous patients?
- Do you have a portfolio? Can you show me any before-and-after photos of your previous patients who had similar work done?
- Can you show me what kind of results I can expect from this procedure?
- Should I consider any other procedures in addition to or as an alternative to any of these procedures I’m interested in?
- How much can I expect these treatments to cost? Do you offer financing options?
What Should I Pay Attention to at the Cosmetic Dental Office?
It’s a great idea to take mental or written notes during your consultation. While you should certainly pay plenty of attention to your prospective dentist, you should also take note of the rest of the office as well. A few criteria to keep in mind include:
- Does the staff appear to be friendly and knowledgeable?
- Is the office kept clean and organized?
- Do you feel comfortable at this office? Does the doctor make you feel comfortable?
- Did the dentist ask about your particular goals and budget?
- Did your dentist carefully address each of your concerns?
- Did your dentist explain your options to you in detail?
- Did your dentist explain why they made any recommendations?
- Do your dentist’s recommendations align with your goals?
- Do your dentist’s recommendations align with your budget?
Cosmetic dentistry has allowed millions of people to enjoy more beautiful smiles. By asking the right questions and paying attention to the state of the office, you can find a dentist you can trust your smile to.
About the Practice
North Jacksonville Complete Dentistry delivers the greatest dental services available to the community of Jacksonville, FL. Led by Drs. Tim Bradberry, William D. Baxter, and Tam Truong, the staff provides each patient with stellar customer service and effective treatments. Areas of expertise include general, restorative, emergency, and cosmetic dentistry. To schedule a cosmetic dental consultation, contact the office online or dial (904) 751-4958.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.