BOTOX® – Jacksonville, FL
Reduce Signs of Aging
Some people show signs of aging more clearly than others, but that doesn’t mean you need to settle for fine lines and wrinkles. In addition to moving your facial muscles around, other factors, like sun exposure, smoking, and genetics can worsen the appearance of wrinkles. To recreate your smooth, youthful appearance, we offer BOTOX® as a cosmetic solution. To learn more about BOTOX® and it’s benefits, don’t hesitate to give us a call!
Why Choose North Jacksonville Complete Dentistry For BOTOX®?
- Focus on Quality Patient Care and Satisfaction
- Professional, Friendly Dental Team
- State of the Art Techniques and Technology
What is BOTOX®?
BOTOX® is a controlled form of the botulinum toxin that has been used medically for decades in the treatment of muscle spasms and pain. When injected into spasming or damaged muscles, BOTOX® prevents unconscious movements that can cause severe pain and slow the healing process. When used for cosmetic purposes, BOTOX® stops muscle movements that lead to fine lines and wrinkles.
Who is a Good Candidate for BOTOX®?
Patients who have certain neuromuscular diseases, are pregnant, have skin disorders, or deep facial scars, may not be the best candidate for BOTOX®. This is why it’s so important to schedule a consultation. The best candidates for BOTOX® tend to be in their late 20s or older and are looking to correct facial imperfections, like:
- Crow’s feet
- Lines between the eyebrows
- Muscle spasms
- Horizontal forehead lines
- Smoker’s lines
- Lines at the corners of the mouth
If you are experiencing pain in your temporomandibular joint (TMJ), you may be able to find relief with the help of BOTOX®. When injected into the appropriate areas of your facial muscles, it can relieve much of the tension you feel. BOTOX® can reduce headaches, tension, and pain caused by clenching or grinding teeth and severe jaw strain. This treatment may even be able to minimize the likelihood of experiencing lockjaw!
The Benefits of BOTOX®
There are numerous reasons why patients undergo BOTOX®, as there are all sorts of different benefits. Here are just some of them:
- Quick Results: Some patients call BOTOX® treatments “lunchtime facelifts” because they can be completed in as little as 20 minutes. Results are noticeable in three to five days.
- Delicate Effects: Lots of patients worry that getting BOTOX® injections will look obvious. The effects of BOTOX® are subtle, delicate, and enhance your youthful appearance.
- Non-Surgical: Instead of invasive surgical procedure, BOTOX® is scalpel-free and requires little to no recovery time.
- Lasting Results: The effects of BOTOX® typically last between three to six months.
- Cost-Effective: BOTOX® injections are a cost-effective way to enhance your appearance.
Why See a Dentist for BOTOX®?
Dentists are authorized to administer BOTOX® injections to treat a variety of medical and cosmetic issues. Dentists have spent years studying the ways that facial muscles interact, and they have years of experience administering precise injections, making BOTOX® injections just an extension of their everyday work.