Dental Implants – Jacksonville, FL
Permanently Rebuild Your Smile
It doesn’t matter how you came to have missing teeth—the important thing is that you have them replaced. Tooth loss results in jaw bone degeneration, failing oral health, and even more missing teeth later on. The earlier you seek an effective solution, the better your chances of avoiding these side effects of tooth loss. Did you know the best replacements for one or more missing teeth are dental implants? Nothing else replaces the tooth’s root as well as the crown that sits on top. Dr. Johnson and Dr. Baxter perform the entire procedure for dental implants—from initial implantation to final restoration—under one roof at North Jacksonville Complete Dentistry.
Why Choose North Jacksonville Complete Dentistry for Dental Implants?
- All-inclusive implant care: placement & restoration under one roof
- Restorations custom-made for each patient
- Able to last 30 years or more
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Complete Tooth Replacement: Normal restorations just sit on top of the gum line or lean on the surrounding teeth for support, but with implants, they are firmly rooted within the jawbone. This means a patient doesn’t have to worry about their new teeth shifting around or breaking no matter what they are eating.
- Natural Appearance: Dental implants are typically topped with custom-made restorations and don’t have any noticeable metal clasps like bridges or dentures, helping them blend seamlessly into any smile.
- Jawbone Preservation: After a tooth has gone missing, the jawbone in the area naturally starts to shrink and change shape, which can make the remaining teeth less stable over time. Implants are the only treatment that can stop and even reverse this process.
- Durability: With consistent oral hygiene and routine dental visits, an implant can easily be expected to last for 30 years or more.
Indications for Dental Implants
If you are missing one tooth or multiple teeth, implants could be a perfect way to replace them. The only way to truly know if you are a candidate is to come in for a brief exam. At North Jacksonville Complete Dentistry, we offer a free dental implant consultation. At this appointment, we will generally take an X-ray, evaluate your jawbone, and take a medical history. If an implant is in your best interest, we can discuss one of the following restorative options:
Missing One or More Teeth
After your dental implants have been surgically placed beneath the gum line, we wait a period of four months for the bone and titanium implant fuse together. The result is an extremely strong foundation. Once the recovery is complete, your implants are ready for the final phase: restoration.
To connect your prosthetic device to the dental implants below, a connecting abutment is placed on top of the dental implant, which is buried beneath the gum line. The tooth replacement will be attached to this connector, either a crown for a single tooth replacement or a denture to replace several teeth.
The restoration that is secured on top of your dental implant depends on how many missing teeth you have, and where the missing teeth are located in the mouth. Single missing teeth are replaced with a crown that’s securely fixed to the dental implant, while several missing teeth in a row may be replaced with a bridge. Dentures can also be supported by dental implants.
Missing All of Your Teeth
Many patients don’t realize that partial and full dentures can also be supported by dental implants. This style of restoration is often more cost-effective because we can anchor a custom-made prosthetic over a small number of strategically angled implants instead of replacing each lost tooth with its own individual post. Implant-retained dentures can even be permanently fixed in place or left removable if the patient is already used to the ease of a traditional denture.
Start to Finish Convenience
Most dental offices have to refer their patients to an outside specialist to have their implants placed, but at NJCD, our team has the special training to perform the entire procedure from beginning to end. This makes the implant process much more efficient and helps us create savings we can pass onto you in the form of both time and money. Plus, patients can have the peace of mind knowing that they’ll be able to work with the same dentist and team they trust from beginning to end.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
The first step is ensuring that a dental implant or implants are in your best interest. The second step is to make sure they are affordable for you. Of course, cash, check, and credit cards are welcome. Many people, however, do not have the funds available for dental implants. In these situations, we offer CareCredit and we are more than happy to help you get approved. CareCredit has six-month and twelve-month payment options. If all payments are paid on time, there is no interest charged!! Simply contact us or visit our page regarding payment and insurance.
Schedule your appointment at North Jacksonville Complete Dentistry to discuss dental implants today. We welcome all patients from the North Jacksonville area including Bryceville, Callahan, and Nassau Village.